Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Weekly Goals, 1st Edition

I've decided to start a new weekly feature:  Weekly Goals.  Here I'll post what I hope to complete by the end of this week.  Let's get started!

~Weekly Goals~

Tidy/Organize my entire bedroom.  My room furniture consists off 3 sets of shelves under my windows against one wall, a desk with a hutch, a nighttable, and a dresser.  I already finished organize the dresser drawers and the shelving, I just need to complete the top of the dresser, the desk, and the nighttable.

Come up with ways to incorporate my summer wardrobe into winter.  I am getting so tired of the same sweaters and long sleeved tops all winter long, so I'm trying to find ways to throw in my bright, summery, tanks and tees.  This will probably involve cardigans.  Many, many cardigans.  

Start wearing more accessories.  Most mornings, I focus on my clothes and makeup and leave no time for accessories.  The most I'll do is my standard white belt, which I really only wear if my jeans are feeling loose.  Sometimes, I'll remember to put on a necklace, but that's rare.  I'm hoping, now that I've organized all my jewelry, to actually start wearing it.  Especially the bracelets and earrings, those are the most neglected.  

Wear the following color combinations, somehow, someway:  black-and-white with orange, yellow, or red; purple and yellow; blue and orange.  I'm not totally sure how I'm going to do this, but I want to incorporate more bright colors into my basic outfits.

Keep updating my lookbook.  That's right, I started a lookbook.  It's actually really fun.  I've got it all set up in an old three-ring binder.  In it, I've put one of those three-hole punches that fits inside a binder.  I use plain white printer paper and cut pictures of outfits, makeup looks, and inspirational sayings from magazines like Teen Vogue.  

Make a DIY scarf, from this video I found on YouTube.  I want to make one in yellow and one in black.

Find ways to use this Bedazzler I found in my basement.  It's old, judging by the dust all over the box, but it's unopened and I really want to find something to bedazzle.  If I end up making that black scarf, I think I might put some silver studs on it.  I think I could also find a basic tank top to bedazzle.  

***

That's it for my goals this week.  Now you tell me, what are your goals?  Do you have any tips for my goals (organizing tips, outfit ideas, Bedazzling possibilities...)?  Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment