Tuesday, February 22, 2011

there's someone there to say hello*

I went to see Gnomeo & Juliet today.  It's kind of a father/daughter tradition, we go out to see all those cheesy animated movies.  It was cute, kinda funny, but I wouldn't recommend it.  Then, we went to Salah Edin.  It's this little restaurant in Paterson.  From the outside, it looks like another Arabic sandwich shop,but when you go to the back, it's a quiet little restaurant with the best shawarma sandwiches.  If you don't know what shawarma is, it's basically a pita wrapped around sliced tomato, onion, pickle, and lettuce with meat (either chicken, beef, lamb, or veal) and sauce.  My dad grew up in Saudi Arabia, so he's used to this kind of food.  This restaurant is also super cheap, but the food is great quality.  We got falafel, hummus, pita, 3 shawarma, and 3 drinks all for $20.  I knew we'd be walking around outside and it's cold (we just got more snow last night) so I came up with this super cozy outfit.

***

Outfit~

I started with gray tights.  But these aren't your average tights.  These are tights made for athletes who are running outside in winter.  So they're thicker, warmer and more comfortable than most tights, but they still look cute.  To brighten up all the grays, I added a blue burnout tank from Delia's.  Over that, I threw on my favorite gray cardigan from Love Culture and a silver owl necklace (also Love Culture--love that store).  To get even more warmth, I pulled on knee-high black chevron socks and then gray suede boots.  I promise, you'll be warm in this outfit.

***

What do you wear when you want to be warm and cute?  Let me know in the comments!

Love, Lex.

{ Happy Margarita Day! }

No comments:

Post a Comment