Thursday, January 6, 2011

FOTD: Smoky Blue

Today, my outfit was another off-the-shoulder gray sweater with blue skinny jeans and UGGs.  I'm in a fashion rut.  Oh, and I was having one of the worst hair/makeup days, so I've decided to post my FOTD from yesterday.  It was a gorgeous, smoky, shimmery blue and I was so happy with the way it turned out because it's one of the most complicated looks I've done in a while.  I've got a Polyvore-aided tutorial for you, so get ready!

  1. Start with primed lids.  I use CoverGirl TRUconceal Concealer in shade 5, because it's too dark for me to use as a concealer and I didn't want it to go to waste.
  2. Using EcoTools shade brush, apply a medium, shimmery blue all over the lid, concentrating the color on the inner half.  I used shadows from my Shany Shimmer kit for this look, but you could use your own shadows.
  3. Using EcoTools crease brush, apply a dark, navyish, blue to your outer V.  Use a windshield-wiper motion to blend it in the crease.
  4. Using EcoTools smudge brush, apply a bright, shimmery blue to your inner V.
  5. Line your waterline with a deep black pencil.  My favorite eyeliner for the waterline is CoverGirl Liquiline Blast in Blackfire.  
  6. Line your lower lashline with UD 24/7 Eye Pencil in Binge.  Smudge with your finger, a Qtip, or a smudge brush (I used my EcoTools smudge brush).
  7. Apply a few swipes of mascara.  I used the mini one from my NP set.
  8. Apply a nude, shimmery gloss to your lips for that classic smoky eye/nude lips combo.  I used the NP set again.
  9. Clean up any excess with a Qtip.  
There you have it.  I wore this to school, but if you applied the color heavily, it could work for nighttime too.

Mood:  stressed
Song:  Not Afraid ~ Eminem

    No comments:

    Post a Comment