Tuesday, December 21, 2010

OOTD/FOTD/NOTD: Ready for the Holidays

WARNING:  I am extremely pissed right now.  Like, beyond anger.  I'm hoping that writing this will take my mind off my pissedness right now, but if this post is abnormally snappy, I apologize in advance.

OOTD:  I really regret not wearing this yesterday, because it's actually a good holiday outfit, and I went caroling at the local senior home yesterday.  Oh, well...
On top I had an off-the-shoulder gray sweater from Abercrombie & Fitch, with red lettering on it.  I wore a white tank top under it because bra straps aren't allowed in my school.  Down below (hehe) was my Studded Medium Wash Skinny Jeans from Aeropostale, tucked into my Classic Tall UGGs in Chocolate.  This outfit was warm and cozy, perfect for a windy day like today.  :)

FOTD:  Warm Neutrals

This is one of my go-to looks.  It's a simple combo in warm brown tones, starring my Shany palette of course.
  1. I started with my usual CoverGirl concealer as primer.  
  2. I used one side of my EcoTools petite shading brush to apply a light taupeish color (1) from the Shany Neutrals palette to the inner half of my lid.
  3. I used the other side of the brush to pat on a darker, shimmery brown color (2) on the outer half.  
  4. Using the crease brush, I applied the brown (2) in, of course, my crease.
  5. I used the smudge brush to put the gold (3) on my inner corner.
  6. I put my Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Bourbon on my lower lashline.  Urban Decay 24/7s are an industry favorite, and Bourbon is this amazing brown with gold flecks in it.  Sometimes, I use it as a shadow because it's that smooth!  Plus, it does not wear off, no matter what.  Urban Decay is more expensive than your average drugstore eyeliner, but it's definitely worth the money.
Annnnnd, that's it!  It makes a really nice, warm eye look, with just a hint of shimmer.

NOTD:  still rockin (around the Christmas tree) the China Glaze Ruby Pumps

No comments:

Post a Comment