Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Gifts!

This year I mostly asked for beauty products, so that's mostly what I got!

#1:  Urban Decay 24/7 Jackpot (Urban Decay, $39)
This is a set of 9 mini eye pencils, and one full-size.  The minis are Eldorado (gold), Whiskey (dark brown), Stash (dark greenish-gold), Mildew (deep, dark green), Electric (shocking bluish-teal), Ransom (bright violet), Binge (navy blue), Rockstar (eggplant purple), and Gunmetal (light gray with silver glitter).  The full-sized pencil is Zero (black).  So far, I've only tried the Gunmetal, Ransom, and Zero.  Gunmetal is very sheer, so I actually used it all over my lid, blending it with my Ecotools blend brush.  Ransom is a nice, soft purple, but it's not as bright as it looks.  Zero is the perfect black pencil, but I still prefer my Liquiline Blast for my waterline.  I'm so excited to use the rest of them, and I'll keep you updated when I do.  Check out Makeup and Beauty Blog for some great swatches.

#2:  Deborah Lippmann All That Jazz Trio (Deborah Lippman, $40)
This is a set of 3 Deborah Lippman nail lacquers:  Razzle Dazzle (a dark raspberry glitter), Some Enchanted Evening (a clear base with salmon pink glitter), and Lady Sings the Blues (deep blue with silver glitter).  I haven't tried any of them yet, so see Scrangie for some swatches.

#3:  NP Set in Pretty Presto (Target, $17)
This was a gift from my little sister; I don't think she actually knew how much I would love it.  This set is great for travel because it's so nice and small.  It includes 1 gloss, 1 mascara, 2 eye shadows, 1 blush, and a built-in mirror.  Both the gloss and mascara are mini.  I haven't tried the gloss yet, but it seems like a simple pinkish nude shade to me.  The mascara, however, I LOVE.  It's tiny, simple black, but it makes my lashes look absolutely amazing.  I haven't tried the eyeshadows yet, but they look gorgeous.  They are both shimmery, one gold, and one chocolate brown.  I can imagine a great smoky gold look with these, paired with my Bourbon UD pencil.  The blush is a nice, bright coral, but I just don't wear blush that much.  I would definitley recommend this kit because it's small enough for your purse, but it has everything you need for a rosy gold face.  I like Musings of a Muse's review and swatches.

#4:  Publishing Workman 365 Days of Shoes Calendar (a little calendar shop in the mall, $12.99)
I get a new calendar every year for Christmas--we all do, it's sort of a tradition in my house.  I really like this one because it's got a new, bright, full-color shoe picture for every day of the year.  I plan on using it for inspiration when I'm getting dressed in the morning.  And I just like funky shoes.

#5:  Ardell Fashion Lashes Starter Kit (Target, $5.89)
This one was another gift from my sister.  I don't usually use false lashes, but I suppose I'll try them for some big event.  I don't really have much to say about these because I haven't tried them or any other false lashes, to be honest.  I honestly don't pay attention to my lashes very much, just a little swipe of mascara and I'm good to go.  Who knows, maybe I'll fall in love once I try 'em!

#6:  Philip B. Lovin' Leave-in Conditioner
This was a kinda gag gift; I'm pretty sure it was a free sample/gift with purchase sort of thing, because it was really small. My mom gave it to me in the box it was shipped in, still full of packing peanuts.  It seemed like a big present, but it turned out to be this little thing.  I'm still happy, because I love anything that will make my hair look good, fast.  Oh, and it's recommended by Lucky Magazine.

Of course, my #1 gift was the Urban Decay Jackpot set, but I'm really excited about using the Deborah Lippman trio.  Merry Christmas, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment